I wanted to activate internet tethering in my new iPhone5 iOS6.0.1.
I could not access / configure the personal hotspot because it was busy
– went to settings – mobile network menu – mobile network – button below ‘Reset’
– went to General Settings – mobile network menu – turn mobile data off
– went to General Settings – mobile network menu – mobile network – fill in the mobile data info (APN etc) , also on the Internet-Tethering
– after that , you can now change the personal hotspot
– now you can confgiure your personal hotspot by settings- personal hotspot –